About Kielder Campsite
We are a 3 star accredited independently run site. Nestled in the heart of Kielder Forest we are the remotest site in England.
We offer pitches for camping, motor home and touring caravans, four pods and two static caravans. [Pods sleep up to three adults, or a family with two adults and children. Our statics have two bedrooms each: a twin and a double] Due to the nature of the site and it's location there is no vehicle access at all onto the grass. Camper vans, vehicles with roof tents, motor homes and touring caravans can only be pitched on hard stands. There is ample room around most hard stands for awnings. Dog's on a lead are welcome on our site.
With the forest on our fringe, you have the opportunity for long quiet walks, cycle rides that can keep on going, not forgetting our many miles of dog walking. There is a dog friendly pub and tea rooms a few minutes walk away near Kielder Castle.
The Kielder Water and Forest Park has an art and architecture trail that follows the 26 mile walking and cycling route around the reservoir. Be warned, there are some undulations. How about hiring an electric bike from the village to enjoy the tour? Or a mountain bike to take advantage of the varying bike trails that head off into the forest and around the local hills and into Scotland.
Being so close to the Scottish Border you can explore some of Scotland's attractions too.
We are located in the centre of a fantastic Dark Sky Park. With wonderfully clear views of the night sky from your pitch. We practice a low light policy on site ensuring no light pollution for the area. And for good reason, as the famed Kielder Observatory is just on a hill near the site. To visit, see our website for info. Click to view. [Booked visits only]
We want you to relax and enjoy this unique environment and ask for visitors to respect our quiet period from 10pm at night until 8.00am in the morning. This is not a site for late night celebrations. From 10.00pm music off and voices down; you will find that during the evening, on this site, any sound will travel.
The site can offer a number of facilities, found below. However, grocery outlets and shops are quite a drive away, so please come prepared and research is well advised. Asda & Tesco will deliver, this will be up to yourself to organise. We do not store or meet such arranged deliveries. The village has an unmanned, chip and pin fuel station minutes away. This is a not for profit establishment, set up and run by volunteers within Kielder Ltd. Other fuel stations can be found in Bellingham, a nine til five establishment or Newcastleton, Scotland; this too is a chip and pin self service station. Kielder old garage is now a heritage arts workshop. Made in Kielder. Ralf, Kielder's pole lathe woodturner, makes and sells, bespoke woodcraft creations.
- Dish washing Room
- Showers and ablutions
- Baby changing facilities
- Hair-dryer sockets in the ladies ablutions. [Limited number of hair dryers available to borrow.]
- Chemical Waste disposal point. Please note: we have no drive over grey water (Washing up & shower water.) disposal. Visitors will need to bring a hose, no shorter than 5 metres, to reach a usable drainage point. If this is inconvenient please empty prior or plan to empty elsewhere.
- Washing machine/Tumble drier room. [Tokens required: £1.50 a wash. £1.50 a tumble dry. No footwear in machines please.] Staff are not always on hand when visitors wish to wash/dry clothes. If you are staying for a while why not plan ahead and purchase tokens early. We refund if you do not use them. [Office hours only]
- We are a dog friendly site. Dogs on a lead at all times please. We have plenty of dog walking available from on site locations. Please be aware that dogs are not allowed in our static caravan. Our pods are dog friendly. [Please note our conditions with regards to Dogs in pods]
- Young children's play area on site. With more in the village and at Kielder Waterside Park.
- BBQ stands. [If you wish to bring your own BBQ please ensure that it is off the ground. Due to misuse: disposable BBQ's can only be used on our site BBQ stands.] We have ten dotted around the tented area and three within the hardstand section of the site. These can hold charcoal/briquettes and have a grill for each one if you wish to bring your own bags of charcoal etc.
- Pay phone (We have NO mobile phone coverage in the area AT ALL.)
- We offer a recharge facility with plug sockets and USB points in our laundry room. All items left at owners risk.
- An Ice block freezer available for all visitors [24/7] This is located with our washing machines.
- There is a free limited Wi-Fi service available. It only covers the area immediately surrounding our office. It will appear as BT-Guest on your network list and does not require a password.
- Kielder Village (5 Min walk through the site) offers a Village Pub, Post Office, Tea Rooms and Bike Hire/Repair Shop. Craft shop at Kielder Garage workshops.
- There are no garage workshop/compressor facilities in the village.
Kielder Campsite requires payment in full when booking, with cancellation terms available up to two weeks prior to arrival. We always advise visitors to take holiday insurance on costlier bookings. [Please take time to read our terms and conditions]
We look forward to seeing you.