We are a 3 star accredited independently run site. Nestled in the heart of Kielder Forest we are the remotest site in England. So to the hot potato: there is no mobile signal on the campsite or nearby. There are no masts, therefore the wi-fi option we offer is extremely limited.
We offer pitches for camping, motor home and touring caravans, four pods and one static caravan. [Pods sleep up to two adults, or a family with two adults and two small children. We have two family pods, easily sleeping up to four adults. Our static has two bedrooms: a twin and a double] Due to the nature of the site and it's location there is no vehicle access at all onto the grass. Camper vans, vehicles with roof tents, motor homes and touring caravans can only be pitched on hard stands. Each hardstand has a 10 amp electric hook up if you wish to use it. Check our FAQ section if you do not wish to use and therefore, not pay for, electric. There is ample room around most hard stands for awnings. Well behaved dog's on a lead are welcome on our site.
With the forest on our fringe, you have the opportunity for long quiet walks, cycle rides that can keep on going, not forgetting our many miles of dog walking. There is a dog friendly pub and tea rooms a few minutes walk away near Kielder Castle.
The Kielder Water and Forest Park has an art and architecture trail that follows the 26 mile walking and cycling route around the reservoir. Be warned, there are some undulations. How about hiring an electric bike from the village to enjoy the tour? Or a mountain bike to take advantage of the varying bike trails that head off into the forest and around the local hills and into Scotland.
Being so close to the Scottish Border you can explore some of Scotland's attractions too.
We are located in the centre of a fantastic Dark Sky Park. With wonderfully clear views of the night sky from your pitch. We practice a low light policy on site ensuring no light pollution for the area. And for good reason, as the famed Kielder Observatory is just on a hill near the site. To visit, see our website for info. Click to view. [Booked visits only]
We want you to relax and enjoy this unique environment and ask for visitors to respect our quiet period from 10pm at night until 8.00am in the morning. This is not a site for late night celebrations. From 10.00pm music off and voices down; you will find that during the evening, on this site, any sound will travel.
The site can offer a number of facilities, found below. Asda & Tesco will deliver, this will be up to yourself to organise. We do not store or meet such arranged deliveries. The village has an unmanned, chip and pin fuel station minutes away. This is a not for profit establishment, set up and run by volunteers within Kielder Ltd. Other fuel stations can be found in Bellingham, a nine til five establishment or Newcastleton, Scotland; this too is a chip and pin self service station.
The site facilities are as follows:
- Dish washing Room
- Showers and ablutions
- Baby changing facilities
- Hair-dryer sockets in the ladies ablutions. [Limited number of hair dryers available to borrow.]
- Chemical Waste disposal point. We now have a drive over grey waste point for vehicles that have an in built grey water collection tank. Please observe the signage as you fill or empty. We advise users to reverse their vehicles onto this facility.
- All water on site is drinkable, it is spring water from a private spring.
- We have a long hose for refilling water tanks on motorhomes next to the ablutions.
- Washing machine/Tumble drier room. [Tokens required: £2.00 a wash. £2.00 a tumble dry. No footwear in machines please.] Staff are not always on hand when visitors wish to wash/dry clothes. If you are staying for a while why not plan ahead and book tokens early. We refund if you do not use them. [Office hours only]
- We are a dog friendly site. Dogs on a lead at all times please. We have plenty of dog walking available from on site locations. Please be aware that dogs are not allowed in our static caravan. Our pods are dog friendly. [Please note our conditions with regards to Dogs in pods]
- Young children's play area on site. With more in the village and at Kielder Waterside Park.
- BBQ stands. [If you wish to bring your own BBQ please ensure that it is off the ground. Due to misuse: disposable BBQ's can only be used on our site BBQ stands.] We have ten dotted around the tented area and three within the hardstand section of the site. These can hold charcoal/briquettes and have a grill for each one if you wish to bring your own bags of charcoal etc.
- Pay phone (We have NO mobile phone coverage in the area AT ALL.)
- We offer a recharge facility with plug sockets and USB points in our laundry room. All items left at owners risk.
- An Ice block freezer available for all visitors [24/7] This is located with our washing machines.
- There is a free limited Wi-Fi service available. It only covers the area immediately surrounding our office. It will appear as BT-Guest on your network list and does not require a password.
- Kielder Village (5 Min walk through the site) offers a Village Pub, Post Office, Street Diner at Kielder Castle nearby just near the large car park is a Bike Hire/Repair Shop. Kielder Garage just outside the village now has a small general store open 6 days a week, closed Tuesday. The fuel station is chip and pin, volunteer run and unmanned - offering a 24 hour fuel opportunity..
- Up Outside Kielder Castle is the Street Diner, they serve food and drink daily from 9.30am through to 3.30pm. Plenty of seating around the pleasant grounds of the Castle.
Kielder Campsite requires a non refundable deposit/payment of one nights stay, with [If applicable] a final payment one week prior to arrival. An automatic e-mail requesting payment online via a secure payment link will be sent. Term and conditions and prices on our website: Current prices & terms. We always advise visitors to take holiday insurance on costlier bookings.
We look forward to seeing you.