The site & office are currently closed for the winter. Online bookings can start on 1st Feb 17. The site re-opens for visitors on 1st March 17.
Looking to book for the Dirty Reiver 2017? Click onto: http://kieldercampsite.co.uk/events/dirty-reiver-2017 Be advised: All hardstandings,electrical pitches, pods and statics are fully booked. Limited tent space only.
This rustic campsite is situated in the remotest village in England. We have 22 hook/ups for caravans, motorhomes, campers and trailer tents. Our tent field has room for over 40 tents. We have a four berth and six berth static caravan and four pods. (Our pods can sleep up to four people). Due to three extremely wet seasons we have increased our hardstand capacity. This has reduced our electric hook up capacity for tents.
We are at the northern tip of Kielder Water. An ideal base for cycling, mountain biking, walking and the opportunity to view our elusive wildlife.
We are situated just outside Kielder Village with direct access to all of the mountain bike trails and forest walks. Kielder Castle and the Minataur Maze are nearby. There is a village store supplying basic items and a local pub and restaurant. The Castle hosts a licensed Tea Room. [The site, pub and tea rooms are dog friendly] No extra charge for your pets.
The nightlife......look up and view the stars (Weather permitting) from your tent, pod, camper or caravan. Soak up the remoteness and enjoy your time away from the ebb and flow of everyday life.
We look forward to welcoming you to our part of the Northumbrian Countryside. Why not visit our Things to do page which offers you the opportunity to plan your stay.
We promote Kielder Village and the surrounding area. We trust that you embrace this concept and support our local businesses during your stay. Your support allows Kielder to offer services throughout the year.
With this in mind we only offer a limited range of goods and services on site and do not possess a drinks licence.
Our facilities include:
- Dishwashing Room
- Showers and ablutions
- Baby changing facilities
- Hairdryer sockets in the ladies ablutions. [Limited number of hair dryers available to borrow.]
- Chemical Waste disposal point. Please note: we have no drive over grey water disposal. Visitors will need to bring a hose, no shorter than 5 metres, to reach a usable drainage point. Or empty prior and if possible plan to empty elsewhere.
- Washing machine/Tumble drier room. [Tokens required: £1.50 a wash. £1.50 a tumble dry. No footwear in machines please!]
- We are a dog friendly site. Plenty of dog walking available from on site locations. Dogs not allowed in Statics
- Young childrens' play area on site. With more in the village at Kielder Castle and at Kielder Waterside Park.
- BBQ stands
- Pay phone (We have NO mobile phone coverage in the area AT ALL.)
- Ice block freezer available for all visitors [24/7]
- There is a free limited wi-fi service available. It only covers the area immediately surrounding our office. The code can be found by the payphone and external office wall.
- Kielder Village (5 Min walk through the site) offers a Village Pub, Village Store, Tea Rooms and Bike Hire/Repair Shop