Welcome to Kielder Village Camping and Caravan Site. We are now open and bookings can be done online using the book now page above. Don't forget if you have any queries just use the FAQ tab on the drop down box.
KIELDER 101 & BORDER CHALLENGE: Site can be booked for accommodation from 15th March 17. To book: Click here.
The site is privately booked for the following dates: Monday March 20th - Sunday March 26th. Inclusive.
April 21st - 23rd Inclusive. September 15th - 17th Inclusive No public bookings available.
This rustic campsite is situated in the remotest village in England. We have 30 hard stands with electric hook ups for caravans, motorhomes, campers and trailer tents. Our tent field has room for over 40 tents. We have two 'two bed' static caravan and four pods. (Our pods can sleep up to four people). Due to three extremely wet seasons we have increased our hardstand capacity. Regrettably this has reduced our electric hook up capacity for tents for this season.
We are at the northern tip of Kielder Water. An ideal base for cycling, mountain biking, walking and the opportunity to view our elusive wildlife.
Situated just outside Kielder Village with direct access to all of the mountain bike trails and forest walks. Kielder Castle with the Minotaur Maze are nearby. There is a village store supplying basic items [Please check for opening hours, it is not 24/7] and a local pub with restaurant. The Castle hosts a licensed Tea Room. [The site, pub and tea rooms are dog friendly] No extra charge for your pets.
The nightlife......look up and view the stars (Weather permitting) from your tent, pod, camper or caravan. Soak up the remoteness and enjoy your time away from the ebb and flow of everyday life.
We look forward to welcoming you to our part of the Northumbrian Countryside. Why not visit our Things to do page which offers you the opportunity to plan your stay.
We promote Kielder Village and the surrounding area. We trust that you embrace this concept and support our local businesses during your stay. Your support allows Kielder to offer services throughout the year.
With this in mind we only offer a limited range of goods and services on site and do not possess a drinks licence.
Our facilities include:
- Dishwashing Room
- Showers and ablutions
- Baby changing facilities
- Hair-dryer sockets in the ladies ablutions. [Limited number of hair dryers available to borrow.]
- Chemical Waste disposal point. Please note: we have no drive over grey water disposal. Visitors will need to bring a hose, no shorter than 5 metres, to reach a usable drainage point. If this is inconvenient please empty prior or plan to empty elsewhere.
- Washing machine/Tumble drier room. [Tokens required: £1.50 a wash. £1.50 a tumble dry. No footwear in machines please!]
- We are a dog friendly site. Dogs on lead at all times please. We have plenty of dog walking available from on site locations. Please be aware that dogs are not allowed in our static caravans.
- Young children's play area on site. With more in the village at Kielder Castle and at Kielder Waterside Park.
- BBQ stands
- Pay phone (We have NO mobile phone coverage in the area AT ALL.)
- Ice block freezer available for all visitors [24/7]
- There is a free limited Wi-Fi service available. It only covers the area immediately surrounding our office. The code can be found by the payphone and on external office wall.
- Kielder Village (5 Min walk through the site) offers a Village Pub, Village Store, Tea Rooms and Bike Hire/Repair Shop